Vacancies at Farnham ASSIST
Paid Vacancies at Farnham ASSIST.
Farnham ASSIST plans to restart community lunches in 2022 for Hale and for Central Farnham. They are now seeking two people to co-ordinate the lunches, with support from ASSIST’s Manager, the Trustees and the team of enthusiastic supporters.
These are paid roles, offered on the basis of 25 hours a month until 31st July 2022 in the first instance. Post holders will need to work some fixed hours each month (one Saturday a month for Hale; one Sunday a month for Central). Remaining hours can be flexible. Although advertised as two separate positions, they could be combined to suit the right candidate.
- Salary: £11.00 per hour.
- Start Date: 29th November 2021.
Brochure including further details and application procedure can be DOWNLOADED HERE - (PDF: file size 33,560).
- Application deadline: Thursday 30th September 2021 (noon).
- Applications: By e-mail to:
(alternatively by hand or post to the Farnham Assist office - see below).
- Informal questions: To Rodney Bates (telephone or e-mail - see below).
- Interviews: In the week commencing 11th October.
Farnham ASSIST is a Christian charity set up to support older people living in the local community. ASSIST is always keen to welcome additional volunteers into the team, where you will have the opportunity to make a big difference to older people, especially those living on their own in the town.
You’ll also get to have a lot of fun and learn new skills. Whether you can spare an hour or an afternoon, you will help to make sure that as many people as possible can benefit from ASSIST’s work.
Range of Volunteer Opportunities - There is a wide range but here is a sample of the possibilities:
- As a new friend making regular visits to someone living on their own and possibly housebound. We always take great care to match people to ensure there are interests or circumstances in common that will encourage the friendship to strengthen and grow.
- At our monthly lunches, helping with transport, or preparing or serving the lunch.
- At our monthly seasonal services held in local care homes and the Gostrey Center, with leading a prepared service, giving a small talk, prayers and music.
- At annual events such as “Songs of Praise” and the annual “Carol Service”, with transport or serving refreshments.
All of these are on a rotational basis to suit your capability and availability.
Farnham Assist is based at 7 St.George’s Yard Farnham Surrey. If you are interested and would like to talk to us without commitment, please contact Rodney Bates:
- E-mail: Rodney.Bates@farnham-assist.org.uk
- Tel: 01252 717710 (Monday, Tuesday or Thursday mornings)