Bridges Project Co-ordinator
Diocese of Guildford
The Bridges project is a mentoring scheme for vulnerable young people who have come to the attention of agencies as being in need of support. This may be through difficulties at school or home, or they may be at risk of being involved in criminality or low level anti-social behaviour. The aim is to improve the outcomes and life chances for those young people by helping them make more positive life choices, deal with issues and inspire them.
The project has been running for over 5 years and has an excellent track record in providing positive outcomes for the young people involved.
Our volunteer mentors support approximately 30 young people each year. We have good relationships with the local agencies and schools and our project is highly valued by them.
The Project Co-ordinator will take responsibility for managing and running the scheme. This will involve a number of tasks and duties including:
- Recruiting, supporting and supervising Adult Volunteer Mentors;
- Interviewing and matching young people coming onto the scheme with appropriate mentors;
- Promoting the scheme to our partners; and
- Providing an administration function including monitoring progress and accurate financial record keeping.
- Office based at Church House, Guildford but with regular requirement to travel to meet mentors and mentees.
- This is a 0.8 FTE role (28hrs). Salary: £26,000 per annum (fte) — £20,800 per annum (actual) plus generous pension contribution.
- Fixed term contract to 30th April 2020. There may be the opportunity to increase the number of hours subject to funding.
Please apply by CV with supporting statement to:
- Email: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Telephone: Gerardine Brown on 01483 790302
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description (PDF format; file size 194,681 bytes).
(Notice posted July 2018)