No.7 St.George’s Yard Farnham GU9 7LW
Farnham ASSIST is a Christian organisation which, since 2002, has offered support to older people in Farnham, particularly those who may become isolated from friends and neightbours. The objective is to listen when people tell us what they would like and then, where possible, set about making it happen.
In the light of Government advice regarding corona virus, Farnham ASSIST has suspended normal activities and outings. Plans are being prepared to resume once this is permitted. In the meantime, the office remains open with increased telephone contact with those they support.
Farnham ASSIST publish a periodic Volunteer News Letter. To download the latest (May 2021) edition, please CLICK HERE - PDF format (File size 242,162).
To go onto the mailing list, call the Farnham ASSIST office.
In 2017, ASSIST was granted the Queen’s Award for Voluntary Service.
From the start of 2015, Farnham ASSIST’s centre has been located at 7 St.George’s Yard, Farnham GU9 7LW. St.George’s Yard runs from Castle Street, next to Pizza Express, through to Bear Lane; the office is on the ground floor of No.7.
The front entrance is up a short flight of steps, but there is flat-level access at the rear from St.George’s Mews (under the archway between numbers 4 and 5; turn left and the door is the last on the left).
Normal Opening Hours:
9:30 a.m — 12:30 p.m Monday, Tuesday and Thursday
(closed on Wednesdays and Fridays)
Farnham ASSIST normally offer:
- One-to-One — Friendship for those living alone.
- Pie & Pint Club — Monday pub lunch with a good chat - three opportunities a month.
- Understanding Computers — One-to-one computer tuition for complete beginners and those seeking new skills.
- Monthly Roast Lunches for the over-sixties.
- Ladies Pub Lunch — Once a month for ladies over sixty.
- Knit 'n' Natter — Three Monday lunchtimes a month in St.Andrew’s Parish Meeting Rooms.
- Silver Service — A friendly and welcoming non-denominational service designed for older people held at 3:00 p.m on the third Thursday of most months at Farnham Methodist Church.
Details of all the above from the Farnham Assist web site (see below) or telephone Farnham ASSIST (number at top of this page), or call into the Centre.
Supporting Farnham ASSIST:
Farnham ASSIST could not provide such a wide range of opportunities for the older people of the town without:
- Willing help from many volunteers — (more about volunteering wth Farnham ASSIST here ... ) ; and
- Generous financial donations from organisations and individuals.
If you feel able to help in any way at all, please get in touch. Your call will be greatly appreciated.
|For the Farnham ASSIST web-site, |
please CLICK HERE.
Farnham ASSIST is a Registered Charity (No.1135187).