St Benedict's - Church of EnglandSt Benedict's Church is located near the top of Benedict Street (which continues down from the bottom of the High Street). There has been a church on the site since 1091; nine centuries of prayer and worship have endued the location with a special sense of peace and holiness. We are an outward-looking and inclusive congregation, one part of a benefice of three parishes in Glastonbury and Meare. We regularly share worship within the benefice and with Glastonbury United Reformed Church. Although small in number, we are a friendly congregation and warmly welcome everyone at our services.
We use modern language in our services, aiming to be accessible to all with straight forward forms of worship.
During the Covid restrictions, St Benedict's is providing a free take-away soup lunch on Thursdays from noon to 1pm at the west door (under the tower).