Networks across Lancaster and the District
- HOPE Lancaster Network of Churches
- Lancashire Churches Together
- Lancaster and Area Christian Aid Group
- Lancaster Churches Together
- Morecambe Forum of Churches
- South Lancaster Churches Together
- Treading Lightly Network
HOPE Lancaster Network of Churches
A number of Churches cooperate and network together as HOPE Lancaster.
- Coordinating bigger events like the Easter Festival in Dalton Square
- Working with Churches Together in Lancaster with the Good Friday Walk of Witness
- Working with Churches Together on Christmas events in the City Centre
- Having dialogue with the police and some council departments
- Meeting together as Church Leaders to plan and consider how to serve the area
- Meet and pray together as Church Leaders
HOPE encourages the whole church to do more together in word and action. HOPE seeks to resource and equip the Church for doing mission locally. Be part of it. Be part of something bigger!
For more information on HOPE Together (a national joint church initiative) visit http://www.hopetogether.org.uk/Groups/32586/HOPE.aspx.
Lancashire Churches Together
This is the county wide umbrella network of churches. For more information on Lancashire Churches Together visit http://www.ctlancashire.org.uk/.
Ecumenical Facilitator: The Revd Anton Müller:
or 07919 438413
Social Justice and Inter Faith Development Officer:
Lancaster and Area Christian Aid Group
Christian Aid is an organisation which works globally for change that eradicates the causes of poverty, striving to achieve equality, dignity and freedom for all, regardless of faith or nationality, and providing assistance where need is great, tackling the effects of poverty as well as its root causes. Christian Aid works with local partners in some of the world’s poorest communities: http://www.christianaid.org.uk
Our group’s main fundraising focuses on Christian Aid Week every year in May, but along with other local social justice groups we support national campaigns and initiatives, including climate and tax justice campaigns.
Group organiser: Gill Burgess 07790 507326
Group chair: currently vacant – any interest in taking on this role would be most welcome.
Lancaster Churches Together
Meets every other month on the 2nd Thursday in the month. All churches are encouraged to send representatives along to be part of Working and Praying Together for our City. Contact the secretary for minutes, agendas and venues.
Promotes and encourages:
- Unity amongst Lancaster Churches
- The outworking of the Kingdom of God across the Lancaster area
- Joint events, initiatives and cooperation
- Serving and working amongst the communities of Lancaster
- Praying for Lancaster
Chair/Moderator: Jane Callow
Secretary: Mandy Whitehouse (Christ Church)
Morecambe Forum of Churches
Being close neighbours and both part of the Lancaster District council area, Christians and Churches in Lancaster and Morecambe share relevant information on events, activities and seek to share and learn from each other around social action and local initiatives.
For more information visit their website or Facebook page:
The website is the vehicle of sharing information, event listing, contact point and whatever else for the Christian Churches in the wider Morecambe area.
If your Church isn't listed yet, or the contact information is not up-to-date, or you would like to add an event would you please contact Michl Kohl (Morecambe Community Church) at .
South Lancaster Churches Together
Four churches in South Lancaster regularly work together as they seek to serve God and their communities. Have a look at their websites to find out more about the events and activies they organise jointly.
- Lancaster Methodist Church
- St Bernadettes
- St Pauls Scotforth
- United Reformed Church
This local network seeks to:
- Connect people of faith who have a concern for environmental issues;
- Increase awareness of the relevance of environmental sustainability in church contexts;
- Raise the visibility of faith communities engaging with these issues;
- Connect and support individuals in different churches seeking to address these issues;
- Share information and ideas about events and resources.
For more information contact Hugh Kidd