JustOne at Priestfield Stadium - Prayer
As we prepare towards June this year, we want to encourage all to be persistent in prayer for the event itself, and for those who will be invited.
We would also like to ask again that partner churches would continue to include praying for JustOne at Priestfield Stadium in their regular times of prayer. Please also consider whether you could host a time which would have the event as a focus and to which others could be invited. If you are able to do this, then do let us know and we can help publicise it. Send details to .
In Medway, we are holding monthly joint prayer meetings for JustOne at Priestfield Stadium. The venue will be the Emmaus Church Centre, Clover Street, Chatham ME4 4DT. Doors open at 7.00 pm for tea/coffee and light refreshments. This will be followed by a time of worship and prayer from 7.30 pm - 9.00 pm. All are welcome to these, from whichever part of Kent you come!
The dates of these dedicated joint prayer meetings are:
Monday 8th January
Tuesday 6th February
Wednesday 7th March
Thursday 5th April
Friday 4th May: this will be half night of prayer from 10.00 pm - 2.00 am
We shall be arranging prayer walks around the stadium in due course, and details of these will be posted on the website and given in the next bulletin.
God bless you as you take part in the vital work of laying the prayer foundation for this wonderful outreach opportunity.
Points for Prayer
Pray for the Steering Group
1. Thank the Lord for the success of the launch and support already given.
2. Pray for the Steering Group for wisdom, courage, strength, grace and divine protection.
Event mobilization initiatives
3. Pray for greater awareness of this event all across the various parts of Kent.
4. Ask God to ignite a new passion in His people for preaching and sharing the gospel.
5. Pray that all believers across our churches will be very active in praying for and bringing at least one person to the event.
Effective Church partnerships
6. Thank the Lord for the 70+ partner churches, organisations and individuals that have come forward so far.
7. Thank God for the funding already committed, and pray for further financial provision.
8. Pray that the Lord will stir up more partner churches across Kent to accomplish this vision.
Success of preparations for the event
9. Pray for God’s blessings on the grounds of Priestfield Stadium, the staff and stewards. Pray for Gillingham Football Club, players and management.
10. Pray that the cordial relationships with Gillingham Football Club leadership will continue to be fruitful.
11. Let us ask for good weather in the lead up to the event, and for the day itself.
Opportunities for training and equipping
12. Give thanks for all those who have already attended the Natural Evangelism courses and pray for the courses arranged in Maidstone, Sittingbourne, Leysdown, Dartford, Herne Bay, Cranbrook, Ashford and Margate (details on web-site) to be well attended and received.
13. Ask for local church follow up to the Natural Evangelism courses, that many congregations will use the programme.
14. Pray for the success of the other training sessions that will also be taking place - for the response team, stewards and other volunteers.
Marketing of the event
15. Ask that all the tickets will be sold and the stadium full of people on the day.
16. Pray for the production of the event brochure and other materials for the event.
The speakers and guest musicians
17. Continue to pray especially for Canon J.John and Philo Trust; that the Lord will give them a word in season for the Kent mission.
18. Ask that the Holy Spirit will fill all the guest artists, speakers and facilitators.
Salvation of souls and follow-up of respondents
19. Let us ask for a significant harvest of souls at Priestfield Stadium on 9th June 2018.
20. Let us pray for an effective follow-up strategy.